This extraordinary, free literary festival connects families, children, and teens to the library, while strengthening and instilling a love of reading. Nationally recognized children’s and young adult authors will visit Charlotte to participate as featured guests. Throughout the day, children and families will engage in story-times, author discussions, book signings, and literary-based live and digital activities. Featured authors include:
• Tom Angleberger is the author of the bestselling Origami Yoda series, the Inspector Flytrap series, and a hilarious new book, FUZZY.
• Linda Ashman has written over 25 notable picture books including Rock-A-Bye Romp, and currently lives in Chapel Hill, NC.
• Nancy Cavanaugh is an award-winning author of middle-grade books including the recent Just Like Me.
• Matt Myers has illustrated over a dozen books for children, including New York Times bestseller Battle Bunny. He has three new titles coming soon.
• LeUyen Pham is an acclaimed illustrator of 80+ books and author/illustrator of new release The Bear Who Wasn’t There.
• Adam Silvera writes for young adults. His first novel, More Happy Than Not, was a New York Times bestseller. History is All You Left Me is due in January.
• Tui T. Sutherland brings the world of dragons to life in her New York Times bestselling Wings of Fire series for middle-grade readers. Her latest installment, Talons of Power, is due in December.
• Kathleen Burkinshaw tells the story of the bombing of Hiroshima through the eyes of a twelve-year-old in her debut middle grade novel, The Last Cherry Blossom.
…and more to come! EpicFest was created with the help of longtime Library supporter Jim Preston, to remember and honor his wife Libby, a passionate reader. Because of Jim’s support and vision, EpicFest has reached – and will continue to reach – thousands of children each year. Jim Preston passed away in March, and this year’s EpicFest will honor our dear friend and beloved donor, along with his wife. EpicFest is presented to the community by Wells Fargo, together with community partner Read Charlotte and the generosity of additional corporate and individual sponsors.
Information & Amenities
Age Range:All Ages, Kids (5-8), Toddlers (up to 5), Tweens (9-12)
Facility Amenities:Accessible by Public Transportation
Location:Center City (Uptown)
Type:Fairs & Festivals, Literary & Storytelling