Make memories with the family and squeeze in some summer fun before it is too late! Here are 10 tips to help you break out of your backyard.
1. Grab some popcorn and hit the theaters for entertaining family flicks and experience Studio Movie Grill’s Children Summer Series at the EpiCentre featuring movies great for the whole family. Or catch SouthPark Mall’s Movie Under the Stars at Symphony Park with activities and live music for all ages.
2. Let the good times roll with fun and games at StrikeCity at the EpiCentre or 10 Park Lanes. If the family is ready to have a ball, a day of bowling is sure to be right up your alley.
3. Experience the thrill of monster trucks smashing through obstacle courses and competing in head-to-head challenges at the Back-to-School Monster Truck Bash at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
5. Race over to the NASCAR Hall of Fame to explore a special Rockin’ & Racin’ exhibit that showcases the sport’s deep musical roots and features stars like Taylor Swift and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
6. Spot your favorite Disney characters such as the Little Mermaid or Peter Pan in shows at various performing arts venues around the city.
7. Splash into Boomerang Bay at Carowinds on two new breathtaking water slides. Take the plunge down Surfer's Swell and slide into the spin of a lifetime at Dorsal Fin Drop.
8. Discover Charlotte’s public spraygrounds featuring unique sprays, nozzles and spouts to keep you cool on those hot summer days. Visit Cordelia Park in NoDa, Latta Park on Park Avenue or the Fish Fountains on The Green in Uptown for an afternoon of refreshing fun.
9. Get your photo taken with the TopCats cheerleaders and rally with the Panthers PurrCussion band at the Carolina Panther’s Fan Fest celebration.