As temperatures begin to rise, it’s the perfect time to grab a cold one in Charlotte. From microbreweries and brewpubs to specialty bottle shops, Charlotte’s got a lot of craft beer to choose from. And there’s no better time than during the state’s first-ever NC Beer Month running through April. North Carolina boasts more craft breweries than any other state in the South, and Charlotte’s hops are among the top with seven unique craft breweries in operation and more on the way. Below are just a few ways to explore what Charlotte’s got on tap:
1. Stop by for a tasting at The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery (OMB) Brauhaus, reminiscent of a German beer hall, enjoy an OMB Copper on draft in the outdoor biergarten, or learn the world famous German “Reinheitsgebot” beer purity law of 1516 on OMB’s “History and Hops Tour.”
2. Quench your thirst at some the hoppiest hotspots and watering holes in Charlotte like VBGB Beer Hall & Garden and Growler’s Pour House, named one of “America’s 100 Best Beer Bars” by Draft Magazine.
3. After work, drop in at Heist Brewery, Charlotte’s newest contemporary brewpub, for a handcrafted beer and an appetizer during Hoppy Hour available every day from 4 to 6 p.m.
4. Hop aboard Charlotte Brew Tour’s brew bus for a behind-the-scenes tour and tastings at four local breweries.
5. Experience Birdsong Brewing Co.’s eclectic flair and flavorful favorites like the Jalapeño Pale Ale in NoDa.
6. Taste the difference between beer that is currently in the fermentation tank and the finished product at NoDa Brewing Company for a deeper exploration of the brewing process on the “Brew Hop Through NoDa” Tour.
7. Hop on the LYNX Blue Line light rail and stop at Triple C Brewing Co. in South End, where you can taste the refreshing flavors of the Light Rail Pale Ale or the Greenway IPA in their taproom Tuesday through Saturday.
9. Try one of NoDa Brewing Company’s new beers released in their taproom every Tuesday as part of the NoDable Series.
10. Customize your own pub crawl on the Party Pedaler, a 14-passenger eco-friendly party bike, through neighborhoods like Uptown, NoDa, South End, Plaza Midwood or the AvidXchange Music Factory entertainment complex.
Find more ways to explore craft beer in Charlotte at charlottesgotalot.com/craftbeer. Get up-to-the-minute craft beer happenings during NC Beer Month at facebook.com/fan.charlottesgotalot, instagram.com/charlottesgotalot, pinterest.com/charlottgotalot and by following @charlottgotalot on Twitter.