Visit Charlotte Housing, known as Visit Connection when coordinating housing needs in destinations outside of Charlotte, is a trusted resource that has been utilized by organizations including Moose International, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, U.S. Institute for Theatre Technology and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.
The Visit Connection team utilizes Passkey, a program that enables accurate management of room inventory. Visit Connection will work directly with participating hotels to ensure blocks are created with proper room type breakdowns and rates.
This integration allows your attendees to make reservations quickly and efficiently via a link posted on your association's website. Dynamic content such as hotel pictures, listings of amenities, and maps can also be served to your attendees when they go to book their accommodations.
Benefits of utilizing Visit Connection for your housing needs:
- COMMUNICATION: Your attendees can easily communicate with housing bureau staff via a dedicated email box. Call centers are also negotiable.
- MONITORING: The Visit Connection team is constantly monitoring inventory. If additional rooms are required on shoulder nights or if an entire block fills and existing hotels are at maximum capacity, we will assist in finding additional properties. Meeting planners will also have the option of "turning off" specific hotels.
- EASE OF USE: Registration and Housing can be linked to encourage attendees to stay in the official block.
- REPORTING: Pick-up reports can be viewed by meeting planners at any time online and attendee lists can be generated at any time. Final attendee lists are supplied to the planner and all hotels prior to the event. A final pick-up report is compiled showing the numbers reported by hotel properties.
- AUDITING: Visit Connection staff will facilitate a final audit of reservations to uncover rooms booked outside of the official convention hotel block.
- EXPERIENCE: The Visit Charlotte staffers that comprise the Visit Connection team have a deep knowledge of operating housing bureaus. They utilize past experience to avoid pitfalls and they know how to find a creative solution for any potential challenge.
· “Working with Visit Charlotte to fill our hotel room commitment in 2011 was a great experience. The entire team created a seamless experience for our guests, and helped reduce the stress on our staff. They knew what they were doing, helped us with the inevitable bumps that arise in planning an Annual Conference with more than 4,000 attendees, and smoothed our way in a helpful and charming fashion.” ~ Barbara E.R. Lucas, Director of Communication at USITT – United States Institute for Theatre Technology, Inc. (USITT is again using Visit Connection Housing Services for its 2012 convention in Long Beach, CA)
· “The Visit Charlotte housing team has been a key partner with the Westin Charlotte since we opened our doors in 2003. As a convention hotel, we view the Visit Charlotte housing team as an extension of our staff and have always found their staff to be responsive and professional in dealing with our associates and guests. The Visit Charlotte housing staff possesses a great deal of knowledge about all Charlotte hotels as well as the city, and shares our vision of providing outstanding customer service by consistently exceeding expectations.” ~ David Montgomery, Director of Sales and Marketing at Westin Hotel
Senior Housing Manager