Charlotte Kicks Off NC Beer Month with 5 “Pitcher-perfect” Ways to Experience Local Craft Beer
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (April 3, 2017) – The Queen City’s craft beer scene is no stranger to fame. In 2016, Fortune called Charlotte one of the Best New Cities for Beer Lovers. Southern Living named NoDa Brewing Company one of the South’s Best Breweries in 2016, and Beer Advocate included Wooden Robot Brewery in its Class of 2015 – 33 of the Best New Breweries. This month, The Charlotte salutes the brewery pioneers who blazed our local craft beer trail and welcomes the newcomers who have arrived just in time for the fifth annual NC Beer Month.
In addition to social media giveaway opportunities for fans who use #cltontap during the month, below are five ways you can experience Charlotte's growing craft beer culture.
1. Local Craft Beer Tastings at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
For the first time, the Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA) is partnering with HMSHost at Charlotte Douglas International Airport to offer local craft beer tastings throughout the month of April to travelers ages 21 and over. On Thursdays and Fridays from 1 to 6 p.m., a tasting station will be set up at 1897 Market in the airport’s Atrium, which is located just before the A/B Concourse area. Travelers will be notified via signage throughout the airport directing them to the tasting station and will have the opportunity to take home giveaways like T-shirts, pint glasses and more. They will also be invited to enter the Ultimate Craft Beer Weekend Sweepstakes for the chance to win a beer-themed trip back to Charlotte.
The Charlotte Craft Beer Tasting Station will be located at 1897 Market on the following dates, featuring a different brewery each week.
The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
Birdsong Brewing Co.
The Unknown Brewing Co.
NoDa Brewing Company
2. CLT Clash of the Crafts
For the second year in a row, a March Madness-style bracket will seek to crown a winner that recognizes the Queen City’s most popular locally brewed beer. CLT Clash of the Crafts kicks off today, and a winner will be announced on Friday, April 28. Beer enthusiasts can vote for their favorite Hoppy, Malt/Roast, Crisp and Funky/Fruity brew selections. Visit cltontap.com to cast votes for the CLT Clash of the Crafts contenders and see below for the upcoming voting schedule:
Half Growler 32 Voting
Sweet 16 oz. Voting
Tailgate Eight Voting
Final Four Pours Voting
CLT Clash of the Crafts Championship Voting
2017 CLT Clash of the Crafts Champion Announced
3. Ultimate Craft Beer Weekend Sweepstakes
In celebration of NC Beer Month, the CRVA is giving away an Ultimate Craft Beer Weekend for one lucky winner and his or her guest. The sweepstakes is open from Saturday, April 1 at 12 a.m. EST to Sunday, April 30 at 11:59 p.m. EST. One winner will be selected at random to receive the prize, which includes:
- Hyatt Place Charlotte Downtown: Complimentary two-night stay
- Fahrenheit: Beer pairing dinner for two
- Yellow Cab: $100 voucher for safe rides
- Funny Bus Comedy City Tour: Two complimentary tickets (BYOB)
- Brewpublik: Mixed six-pack of local Charlotte craft beers
- NoDa Brewing Company: Swag bag with $25 gift card
- Legion Brewing: Brewhouse experience package, including a private tasting of a flight of four beers, brewhouse tour and a pint of beer served in a logo pint glass (glass can be kept as a keepsake)
4. Hoppy Happenings
Throughout April, Charlotte will be hopping with events that showcase the city’s burgeoning craft beer scene. Release parties, beer dinners, festivals, tastings and more will fill the city’s calendar, showcasing a penchant for pints that makes it the “Newest Hub for Craft Beer” according to Fortune. Notable events include:
March 31- April 9
Three Spirits Brewery
U.S. National Whitewater Center
AvidXchange Music Factory
Plaza Midwood & NoDa
Find a full list of beer-related events in April at here.
5. Social Tap Takeovers
As part of NC Beer Month, Charlotte breweries will take over the ‘Charlotte’s got a lot’ Instagram and/or Twitter accounts throughout the month, giving ‘Charlotte’s got a lot’ followers an insider’s view of each brewery and its events. Be sure to follow @charlottesgotalot on Instagram and @charlottgotalot on Twitter for a behind-the-scenes look at the following breweries:
- Birdsong Brewing Co.: twitter.com/birdsongbrewing; instagram.com/birdsongbrewing
- Red Clay Ciderworks: twitter.com/redclaycider; instagram.com/redclaycider
- NoDa Brewing Company: twitter.com/nodabrewing; instagram.com/nodabrewing
- Legion Brewing: twitter.com/legionbrewing; instagram.com/legionbrewing
- Sycamore Brewing: twitter.com/sycamorebrewing;instagram.com/sycamorebrewing
- Free Range Brewing: twitter.com/freerangebrew; instagram.com/freerangebrew
- Lenny Boy Brewing Co.: twitter.com/lennyboybrew; instagram.com/lennyboybrewingco
- The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery: twitter.com/oldemeckbrew; instagram.com/oldemeckbrew
- Heist Brewery: twitter.com/heistbrewery; instagram.com/heistbrewery
A media kit including high-resolution photos is available for download here.
With so much to do, see and sip, there is no better time to explore Charlotte. For more information on events, attractions, hotels, dining and more, visit cltontap.com or call the Visitor Info Center at 800-231-4636.