5 to Try: Shopping in Charlotte
Shop til you drive at these five major retail circuits in Charlotte.
by Chelsea Galusky Aug 22, 2017
When it comes to shopping, the Queen City boasts a blend of eclectic, fashion-forward boutiques and designer-laden style destinations. Charlotte is the perfect place for a day of retail therapy. Here are five major retail circuits to relish while you’re here!
The mecca of Charlotte shopping, SouthPark Mall is home to the most in-demand designer havens, including Neiman Marcus—which touts the only CHANEL boutique between Atlanta and D.C.—Hermès Birkin, Tory Burch, Louis Vuitton and more. SouthPark is a premier shopping destination with more than 150 stores.
This sprawling hub of popular outlet stores is famous for not only its variety, but also the deep discounts it offers shoppers. Located about 20 minutes from Uptown Charlotte, Concord Mills is a bevvy of buyer-friendly shops including everything from Michael Kors to J.Crew, Brooks Brothers and Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World. Home to more than 200 stores paired with unique family dining and entertainment options all under one “climate controlled roof,” Concord Mills is a great place to visit any time of year. A refreshed dining pavilion features 14 restaurants and attractions including a 24-screen AMC/IMAX Theatre, Sea-Life Aquarium, Dave & Busters and The Concord Speed Park.
CHARLOTTE PREMIUM OUTLETS
The newest addition to the city’s extensive retail scene, Charlotte Premium Outlets is home to 100 designer outlets, like Coach and Kate Spade, along with everyday favorites, like GAP, Banana Republic and Nike. Bonus: you can expect steep savings of 25-65% every day.
Visiting the city’s boutiques by neighborhood is the best way to get in touch with the local vibe. The city’s diverse population is echoed in each of these enclaves. From NoDa to Dilworth, the shops in each are perfect for every kind of personality.
Best Bets by Neighborhood:
- Ballantyne – Apricot Lane, The Cheeky Bean, Vestique
- Costwold – The Pink Hanger, Laura James Jewelry, Zerga
- Dilworth – Mackenzie Claire, Petal, Revolution Clothiers & Co.
- Midtown – Criv, Lipp Boutique, SILVERFLY
- Myers Park – Bruce Julian Clothier, The Sporting Gent, Tabor
- NoDa – Pura Vida Worldly Art, Ruby’s Gift, Summerbird
- Plaza Midwood – Boris+Natasha, Green with Envy, Social Status
- South End – 32 Flavors, Black Sheep, Blue Hem
- SouthPark – Boem, Capitol, Impeccable Pig, Taylor Richards & Conger
- Uptown – Abbeydale, The Beehive Gifts, Blis, Canvas, Ivy & Leo, Ole Mason Jar, Score
When it comes to throwback threads and vintage wonders, Charlotte’s got the scene thoroughly covered. From consignment shops shining the spotlight on gently used designer gems to thrift shops laying claim to one-of-a-kind classics, these spots are must-sees.
Top Vintage Shops: