What You Need to Know
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA) has closed its venues, including the Charlotte Convention Center, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Bojangles' Entertainment Complex and Visitor Info Centers in the best interests of our employees and in compliance with national, state, and local orders and recommendations regarding mass gatherings, teleworking and social distancing.
We are working diligently in partnership with others to support the local restaurants, shops, attractions and other hospitality-related businesses that are essential to the quality of life we all know and love in the Queen City.
Who to Follow
- N.C. Division of Public Health (NCDPH) on the web or Twitter
- Call the NCDPH Helpline toll free at 1-888-892-1162 with questions or concerns or get updates by texting COVIDNC to 898211
- Mecklenburg County (NC) Public Health (MCPH) department’s webpage for updates
- Call the MCPH information line at 1-980-314-9400 with questions
- Sign up for CharMeck Alerts, the region’s emergency and non-emergency alert system
- The City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County on Twitter
Charlotte-Mecklenburg is coming together in a unified response to the COVID-19 Crisis under the leadership of the Department of Emergency Management. Those interested in volunteer opportunities can call the volunteer hotline at either (704) 432-4127 or (704) 432-4187. Learn more about volunteer and giving opportunities at https://charmeckresponds.org/.
Business Relief Efforts
Are you a hospitality business impacted by COVID-19? Here are some resources on how your businesses can find some relief with loans and other initiatives.
- US Travel Association, CARES Act
- NC Rapid Recovery Loans
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Economic Injury Disaster Loan Assistance
- North Carolina Business Relief Resources (via EDPNC)
- SBA Loans
- Starting from the Mecklenburg County’s deadline of March 20 for occupancy taxes, food and beverage taxes and car rental taxes, the county has granted a 60-day grace period. Check with Mecklenburg County Tax Collections office for additional details. The State of North Carolina has extended the same deadlines for sales tax payments as long as businesses file by April 15, 2020.
Hospitality Philanthropy Resources
Do you want to help the hospitality industry in Charlotte, but aren’t quite sure where to start? Below are resources on initiatives that are making a difference in the lives of workers who represent the city’s fourth largest industry.United Way, Foundation for the Carolinas & Lending Tree COVID Response Fund
Mecklenburg Creatives Resiliency Fund
NC Restaurant Workers Relief Fund
Charlotte Agenda’s Give a Virtual Tip